A few weeks ago my love invented a new recipe…Eggplant Caprese Salad with Basil and Sun-dried Tomato pesto. A delicious, fresh and summerish dish. In the meantime we made it a few times also for friends and everybody loves this dish. So obviously I needed to share it with you all as well. Hope you enjoy this simple and healthy salad!!!
- 1 Eggplant
- 1 Mozzarella
- 1 big tomato
- sun-dried tomatoes
- olive oil extra vergine
- salt, pepper
How to prepare:
- Cut the eggplant into thin slices and grill them using a grill pan. Let them cool down.
- Cut the mozzarella into thin slices.
- Cut the tomato into thin slices.
- Put a handful of basil, 4 sun-dried tomatoes, a bit of olive oil and some salt and pepper in a food processor or a blender and mix well until smooth.
- Make layers starting with a slice of grilled eggplant.
- Put some pesto on top of the eggplant.
- Put a tomato slice on top and then a slice of mozzarella.
- Finish with a layer of pesto.