Today I meant to post for the monthly Foodphotography Challenge of Simone’s Kitchen, but reading the “rules” again I saw that I must send in a photo that features a chicken. Well it’s not so obvious that my chicken balls are made of chicken unless you taste it. So no entry for the challenge yet, but I do share with you the yummy recipe of these tasty chicken meatballs. The recipe is inspired on my mom’s meatballs which are delicious, so I wanted to make something alike with ground chicken. So I guess I can call them Letizia’s Chicken Meatballs..
- 300 gr. ground chicken
- handful of parsley
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 egg
- handful of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- olive oil extra vergine
- Finely chop the onion and parsley.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well by hand.
- Make small balls using bare hands.
- Put a bit of oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add the chicken balls and cook until golden brown in about 20 minutes.