Ok, these are by far the best cacao balls ever!!! My homemade cacao pistachio balls are a huge hit and I’m a big fan as well. I got the recipe from my colleague because she brought some delicious cacao covered mascarpone balls to work some time ago. I liked them so obviously I asked for the recipe. And of course I adjusted it a bit…left the liquor out and added the pistachio and change the quantity of the ingredients a bit. And so I created my own perfect treat!! And I can’t wait to share it with you and hear your thoughts about it…
- 100 gr. mascarpone
- 100 gr. crumbled biscuits (I used Digestives)
- 1 (egg) yolk
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 50 gr. melted butter
- cacao to taste (I used 1 tbsp)
- 150 gr. pistachios
- Melt the butter and let it cool down a bit.
- Whisk the sugar with the egg yolk.
- Add the mascarpone and mix well.
- Add the cacao, melted butter and the crumbled biscuits and mix well.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours. I left it over night!
- Chop the pistachios.
- Form the mixture into small balls, about a big teaspoon each.
- Cover it with the pistachios.
- Leave it in the fridge until you serve them.