Today a delicious Italian recipe…Bresaola, rucola and grana! Like many other Italian recipes, it’s simple, healthy and full of taste! I first got to know about this dish when I was living in Rome and I’ve made it at least a thousand times since. It’s also one of my love’s favorite antipasto so we “happen” to prepare it quite often… Sometimes (especially on a hot summer day) it’s all we eat for dinner. I tend to eat little when it’s really warm outside so these rolls make a perfect dinner dish on those days.
Bresaola is air-dried salted beef, originated in Valtellina (a valley in the Alps in Lombardy – North Italy). I had never heard of it before living in Italy, so you might need to look in Italian deli and specialty stores to find it…
- rucola (rocket salad)
- coarsely grated ‘grana padano’ cheese (you can also use parmesan cheese if you like)
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra vergine
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt, pepper (to taste)
- Mix the olive oil and lemon juice. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste.
- Take a slice of bresaola. Put some rocket salad on it and add some coarsely grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle a bit of olive oil/lemon juice on top of it.
- Make a roll if it.