Ok it’s official…I’m eating whole wheat pasta and so does my love! It has taken us some time though.
Obviously the taste is different than ‘normal’ pasta and we adore the normal one, so yes it took us some time to get convinced. Not too long ago we decided to eat a bit more healthy, at least during the week. Not that we’re are having weight problems or anything, but just because eating healthy gives you more energy and probably also because the summer holidays are just around the corner 😉
And now that we’ve eaten it several times and we are accustomed to the taste we even enjoy it.
Have you ever eaten whole wheat pasta? What do you think of it?
I got this recipe from an Italian cookbook called “Cucina, ci penso io” and adjusted it a bit. This cold whole wheat pasta salad with black olives, sun dried tomatoes and robiola cheese is just the perfect lunch!! I find the combination of the robiola cheese and the sun dried tomatoes delicious: the cheese is a bit sour but because of the sweet taste of the sun dried tomatoes it’s not disturbing at all. It’s really good so to say 🙂
- whole wheat pasta (I used fusili)
- sun dried tomatoes
- black olives
- robiola cheese (you can also use goat cheese e.g.)
- olive oil extra vergine
- Bring a large pan of water to boil. Once the water boils you add a bit of salt and the pasta. Let it boil 2 minutes less than is written on the package!
- Cut the olives in four.
- Cut the sun dried tomatoes in small pieces
- Cut the cheese into small dices.
- Mix everything together and sprinkle a bit of olive oil on top.